Monday, May 7, 2012

Ally

After I posted a random video about twitter, I figured I should probably explain my part in all of this. Considering there is a good chance that random people stumbled across this site and have nothing to do so they are wondering what the hell is going on with this blog.

My name is Allyson usually go by Ally and in internet land I prefer allyjomac. Here we are 5 college students doing a final project about the wonderful realm of social networking. Each tackling a specific site, I decided on twitter. Why? Because, I have a twitter account. Duh. But more realistically I decided on this one because I am so interested in why it is so successful. Why did a simple site, where you tell potential stalkers where you are, what your doing, post pictures of everything going on around you, take of like a wildfire? I am going to dive in, as they say, and try my best to figure this out. To answer my own questions as well as others. So, if you have a question about this specific world, ask me, and I will get my sources to answer it for you (basically I will do the research that you, obviously, don't have the time to do on your own, and then get credit for it in a class. Awesome.)

 So, let's do this. Time to browse the internet with a purpose instead of aimlessly poking around on Facebook.... and Twitter..... and Tumblr..... and Pinterest..... and Skype.... damn, what did we do before all these sites?

1 comment:

  1. Haha ok i have a question...what came first? Twitter or Facebook? Also great thinking on introducing yourself and telling people what this blog is about!

    ReplyDelete