Monday, May 14, 2012

Ally: #hashtag

So you know those little number signs we see popping up.....EVERYWHERE?! They kind of annoy the hell out of me, but I figured they must have a purpose if every person uses them. All I could really find was this. I found this interesting just because it gives you a basic idea of what they are for, and where hashtags came from.... also a nice little guide on how to correctly use them. Another site that I found while looking for the meaning behind the symbol was this. Now you know what the hell you are talking about or what people are posting when they post random letters. I know that I usually go straight to urban dictionary but this is nice to have it specific to hashtags only.


Don't abuse your power now, people. Even though you are more educated on these little guys, doesn't mean you need to go all hashtag #craycray.


2 comments:

  1. I knew about yolo but nothing else on there, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha wow i had no idea they even did the whole #hastag thing. Didn't even know it was used for until i looked at those sites :) That's really interesting! It's another thing that only twitter has which makes it unique!

    ReplyDelete