Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Megan

Tumblr's Impact

I've been making several posts on tumblr lately (a few original, but many interesting reblogs as well; you're welcome to check them out). My most recent original post discusses the negative effects of tumblr, and I'm going to make a post soon about how tumblr has such a huge impact both on our lives and on media. It's really intriguing to surf the web to see what other people are saying about social networks!

While you're at it, I would definitely suggest watching some of the videos I've posted. Interesting stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video where the 4 people had to basically entertain themselves for 4 minutes without their cell phones and it was funny. It's funny but not funny to realize that we depend on those things so much. I do it all the time! When I'm bored or waiting on something in public i automatically take out my cellphone and make myself look busy. I'll look up articles on my news feed or play a game instead of just not doing anything. In the video, all 4 people looked so awkward and lost. Their expressions were so funny because i know that that is how basically everyone looks like. And then it was funny to see how we start playing with things around us or with things that we have to entertain ourselves for those minutes without our phones. It's amazing and shameful to know that we depend sooo much on technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are very interesting and it sounds like tumblr can be as addicting as Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete